REM SYSTEMS was established in 1981 to become the premier health care and medical supplies distributor in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
We work closely with medical and veterinary professionals, so that we can enhance their reputation for efficient procedures and advanced treatment. By supplying products that are known for their quality and effectiveness, we help our customers to achieve better patient outcomes.
The majority of our team members in New Zealand and Australia are graduates with tertiary science, business or nursing degrees.
Our guiding philosophy ‘Caring about lives’ ensures we never forget the importance of our role in the health community.
- We care about the patients who are the recipients of our products
- We work with our clients in a partnership role
- We represent the products of our suppliers in a professional manner
- We foster the development of individual employees within a team environment
- We uphold high ethical standards in our relationship with suppliers, customers and employees
REM SYSTEMS Limited is registered as a medicines wholesaler in New Zealand and audited annually by the Ministry of Health before the issue of each year’s licence.
We maintain a quality system as specified in the New Zealand Code of Good Manufacturing Practice for Manufacture and Distribution of Therapeutic Goods Parts 4 and 5. This GMP Code requires documented procedures for the effective, safe and efficient handling, storage and distribution of medicines and medical devices while they are moving between their site of manufacture and the end-user.
We import and distribute products from manufacturers who maintain internationally accepted GMP quality systems such as the ISO 9000 series, ISO 13485 or the EN46000 series of standards and all products are registered with the relevant regulatory body in their country of origin.
In Australia, REM SYSTEMS Pty Limited operates to the same GMP quality system standard as REM SYSTEMS Limited in New Zealand. All of our products sold in Australia have received consent to market from the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Our employees undergo an induction session with our Regulatory Affairs Manager to ensure familiarity with our quality system and what is required of them to maintain continued compliance. Each employee has access to our policies and procedures manual on our network; they are expected to follow the specified requirements at all times.
REM SYSTEMS is committed to maintaining quality above and beyond the requirements stipulated by law. We regularly review our policies and procedures with a goal of continuing improvement. Our commitment to excellence is reflected by the positive comments we receive from our clients. Should you have any quality-related concerns or comments, please email our Regulatory Affairs Manager, Tony Edmonds
REM SYSTEMS has been serving the health and medical community since 1981. The company began in the basement of the founders’ home; today it has purpose-built premises in Auckland and Sydney.
- After a successful career in California as International Sales Manager for McGaw Laboratories, Leon Schollum returns to Auckland, New Zealand to set up a pharmaceutical and medical company with his wife Shirley.
- Leon and Shirley choose the name ‘REM SYSTEMS’ for the company. ‘REM’ is an abbreviation of the surname Remiger, which belonged to Leon's Czechoslovakian grandmother Christina. The word ‘Systems’ represents the goal of providing a system or family of products in a specific market segment, so that the company can become a ‘one-stop shop’ for customers.
- The basement of Leon and Shirley’s home is REM SYSTEMS’ first premises.
- Brian Wilsher joins REM SYSTEMS and becomes the third shareholder and director of the company. Brian brings with him extensive cardiovascular product knowledge from sales experience in the industry.
- Purpose-built premises are constructed in Glen Innes, Auckland. The new building is officially opened by New Zealand Prime Minister, Sir Robert Muldoon.
- REM SYSTEMS establishes a subsidiary company in Australia, REM SYSTEMS Pty Ltd. Based in Sydney, the company services all of the states of Australia.
- REM SYSTEMS enters the new millennium with a portfolio encompassing over 8,500 individual products. The diverse range covers everything from implantable heart valves to custom-designed intravenous administration sets and accessories.
- REM SYSTEMS celebrates its 20 year anniversary. The enterprise is now the largest privately owned medical distribution company in New Zealand.
- REM SYSTEMS completes refurbishment of its head office in Auckland.
- REM SYSTEMS celebrates its 30 year anniversary.